Vacation Rental World Summit cares about making events and our impact on the environment sustainable. We’re implementing a series of actions to reduce our carbon footprint while providing a truly unique conference experience every attendee will treasure.
Here‘s what we’re doing:
We’ve been removing paper tickets, in favour of a digital app that carries all necessary info.
We’ve been removing paper brochures, programs and event information since 2018 in favour of a digital app that carries all necessary info.
All pens provided are made of 74% recycled materials.
We’re donating a percentage of each ticket you buy as VRWS attendee to offset carbon emissions by supporting several projects with the help of Stripe Climate. If you use the Stripe platform for collecting payments, consider joining Stripe Climate as well.
We are proud members of Ecologi. Ecologi invests into a broad range of projects reducing greenhouse gas emissions by planting millions of trees every month in Africa and Asia and generating sustainable sources of energy. 85% of monthly subscriptions go directly to funding these planet-saving projects, while 15% goes into maintaining the Ecologi infrastructure that enable such projects. Sign up to Ecologi here
The Vacation Rental World Summit website runs on renewable energy since 2016, thanks to green hosting powered by Cloudflare. You can check if your site is green as well by going to The Green Web Foundation and take appropriate action if need be.
The Vacation Rental World Summit is proud member of the “Tourism Declares Climate Emergency” Community. A global network of companies, professionals and organisations committed to implementing a Climate Action Plan that contributes to cut emissions in half by 2030. See what we do and how you can contribute too here.
We pick up Catering suppliers that grow organic food and ensure the ingredients come from the local area where we host the event and were possible we give a preference to those having the lowest carbon footprint.
We’ve signed up to Tourism Declares, an initiative that supports tourism businesses, organisations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency and taking purposeful action to reduce their carbon emissions as per the advice from The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030.
Like all signatories, we have committed to the following five actions:
1. Develop a ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ within the next 12 months, which sets out our intentions to reduce carbon emissions over the next decade.
2. Share an initial public declaration of our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’, and update on progress each year.
3. Accept current IPCC advice stating the need to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 in order to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of warming. We’ll ensure our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ represents actions designed to achieve this as a minimum, through delivering transparent, measurable and increasing reductions in the total carbon emissions per customer arising from our operations and the travel services sold by us.
4. Encourage our suppliers and partners to make the same declaration; sharing best practice amongst peers; and actively participate in the Tourism Declares community
5. Advocate for change. We recognise the need for system change across the industry to accelerate a just transition towards carbon-free tourism.
Please consider also declaring at www.tourismdeclares.com, and follow on @tourismdeclares on Twitter, Facebook or Linkedin
Special Thanks to:
Bob Garner from Casal dei Fichi for his unparalleled support in making our events greener and for his remarkable and passionate work on making our world a better place and all of us aware that each action matters and we all need to do something to lower emissions today!
Damian Sheridan from the Book Direct Show for being a super active part of the event ecosystem and working painstakingly to provide quality content in a sustainable environment.